REFEREED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
1. The Political Economy of Land Reform Enactments: New Cross-National Evidence (1900-2010) (with P. Bhattacharya and D. Mitra), Journal of Development Economics, June 2019, v. 139, pp. 50-68.
2. The Effects of Farm Subsidies on Farm Exports in the United States (with L.A. Tong and C.S. Pham), American Journal of Agricultural Economics, July 2019, v. 101, pp. 1277-1304.
3. Institutions for Private Sector Development and Pro-Poor Growth: Evidence from Vietnam (with T.X. Hoang and C.S. Pham), Economics of Transition and Institutional Change, July 2019, v. 27, pp. 699-728.
4. Floods, Bushfires and Sectoral Economic Output in Australia: 1978-2014 (with M.H. Rahman, Y. Onder, Y. Chen, and A. Rajabifard), Economic Record, March 2019, v. 95, pp. 58-80.
5. Social capital as a coping mechanism for seasonal deprivation: The case of the Monga in Bangladesh (with R. Bakshi and D. Mallick), Empirical Economics, July 2019, v. 57, pp. 239-262.
6. The Role of Middle Class in Economic Development: What Do Cross-Country Data Show? (with N. Chun, R. Hasan, and M.H. Rahman), Review of Development Economics, May 2017, v.21, pp. 404-424.
7. Can Extreme Rainfall Trigger Democratic Change? The Role of Flood-Induced Corruption (with M.H. Rahman, N. Anbarci, and P. Bhattacharya), Public Choice, March 2017, v. 171, pp. 331-358.
8. The Shocking Origins of Political Transitions? Evidence from Earthquakes (with M.H. Rahman, N. Anbarci, and P. Bhattacharya), Southern Economic Journal, January 2017, v.83, pp. 796-823.
9. The Role of Endowments, Technology and Size in International Trade: New Evidence from Product-Level Data (with C.S. Pham), Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, October 2016, v.25, pp. 913-937.
10. Exchange Rate Regimes and Fiscal Discipline: The Role of Trade Openness (with M.T. Chowdhury, P. Bhattacharya, and D. Mallick), International Review of Economics and Finance, September 2016, v.45, pp. 106-128.
11. Food Demand Elasticities for Australia (with D. Mallick, M. Wadud, P. Hone and H. Haszler), Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, April 2016, v. 60, pp. 177-195.
12. The Role of Middle Class in Democratic Diffusion (with N. Chun, R. Hasan, and M.H. Rahman), International Review of Economics and Finance, March 2016, v.42, pp. 536-548.
13. The Role of Rice in Poverty Dynamics in Vietnam 2002-2008 (with T.X. Hoang and C.S. Pham), Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, January 2016, v. 21, pp. 132-150.
14. Social Capital and the Extreme Poor in Bangladesh (with D. Mallick, and R. Bakshi), Journal of Development Studies, December 2015, v. 51, pp. 1603-1618.
15. Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: A Real Relationship or Wishful Thinking? (with S. Iamsiraroj), Economic Modelling, December 2015, v. 51, pp. 200-2013.
16. Persistence, Capital Account Openness and Financial Sector Performance in Exchange Rate Dynamics (with M.T. Chowdhury, P. Bhattacharya, and D. Mallick), Economic Record, September 2015, v. 91, pp. 279-299.
17. What Underlies Weak States? The Role of Terrain Ruggedness (with P. Jimenez-Ayora), European Journal of Political Economy, Sept. 2015, v. 39, pp. 167-183.
18. Non-farm Activity, Household Expenditure, and Poverty Reduction in Rural Vietnam: 2002-2008 (with T.X. Hoang and C.S. Pham), World Development, December 2014, v. 64, pp. 554-568.
19. An Empirical Inquiry into the Role of Sectoral Diversification in Exchange Rate Regime Choice (with M.T. Chowdhury, P. Bhattacharya, and D. Mallick), European Economic Review, April 2014, v. 67, pp. 210-227.
20. State-Owned Enterprises, Political Ideology, and Inequality, (with C. Karayalcin and V. Avsar). Economics and Politics, November 2013, v. 25, n.3, pp. 387-410.
21. Does Legal Heritage Affect Obesity? The Channel of Motor Vehicle Dependence (with P. Carlin and M. Kidd). Journal of Comparative Economics, May 2013, v. 41: 621-33.
22. Intersectoral Size Differences and Migration: Kuznets Revisited (with N. Anbarci). Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, April 2011, v.20, n. 2, pp. 251-292.
23. Leviathan Resists: The Endogenous Relationship between Privatization and Firm Performance (with P. Arin). Public Choice, July 2009, v. 140, n. 1‐2, pp. 185‐204.
24. Internationalization and Alliance Formation: Evidence from Turkish SMEs (with M. Akdis and S. Bayrak-Kok). International Small Business Journal, June 2009, v. 27. n.3, pp. 337-361.
25. Democracy and Economic Growth: A Meta-Analysis (with C. Doucouliagos), American Journal of Political Science, January 2008, v. 52, pp. 60-82.
26. International Comparisons of Rural-Urban Educational Attainment: Data and Determinants (with B. Cardak), European Economic Review, October 2007, v. 51, n.7, pp. 1828-1857.
27. Institutions and Policies for Growth and Poverty Reduction: The Role of Private Sector Development, (with D. Mitra and R. Hasan). Asian Development Review, 2007, v. 24, n.1, pp. 69-116.
28. Economic Freedom and Economic Growth: Does Specification Make a Difference? (with C. Doucouliagos), European Journal of Political Economy, March 2006, vol. 22, n.1, pp. 60-81.
29. Can we Obtain Realistic Parameter Estimates for the Protection for Sale Model? (with D. Mitra and D. Thomakos), Canadian Journal of Economics, February 2006, vol. 39, n. 1, pp. 187-210.
30. Zipf`s Law Strikes Again: The Case of Tourism (with B. Hazari), Journal of Economic Geography, August 2004, vol. 4, n.4. pp. 459-472.
31. Protection versus Promotion: An Empirical Investigation (with D. Mitra and D. Thomakos), Economics and Politics, July 2004, vol. 16, n.2, pp. 147-162.
32. Globalisation and Inequality, Australian Economic Review, March 2004, vol. 37, 116-22.
33. Protection for Sale in A Developing Country: Democracy vs. Dictatorship (with D. Mitra and D. Thomakos), August 2002, Review of Economics and Statistics, 84(3), pp. 497-508.
34. The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Import Demand (with D. Thomakos), Journal of Economic and Social Research, 2002, vol. 4:1, pp. 1-26.